A Data Series of Interest...
Since 2010, local electric distribution utilities in the state have been required to provide to the Nebraska Power Review Board an annual net metering report that shall include the following information:
The total number of qualified facilities;
- The total estimated rated generating capacity of qualified facilities;
- The total estimated net kilowatt-hours received from customer-generators; and
- The total estimated amount of energy produced by the customer-generators.
Some of the highlights from the reports:
- The total number of qualified facilities has risen from 45 in 2010 to 162 in 2013
- The top five utilities with qualified facilities in their service territory are:
- Omaha Public Power District with 30
- Nebraska Public Power District with 28
- Lincoln Electric System with 24
- Norris Public Power District with 18
- Burt County Public Power District
- The total estimated generating capacity of the qualified facilities has increased from 214.88 kilowatts in 2010 to 1,085.73 kilowatts in 2013
- The total estimated amount of energy produced by customer generators was 137,461 kilowatthours in 2010 and 1,221,256 kilowatthours in 2013. A typical Nebraska home uses 1,000 kilowatthours every month
The Net Metering annual reports can be found in the Energy Office's Energy Statistics database.
Energy Office Home
Security, Privacy & Accessibility Policy
State of Nebraska Home