Wind Energy Basics
The American Wind Energy Association recently updated its web-based tutorial, Wind Energy Basics that answers 11 questions such as:
- What is wind energy?
- What is a wind turbine and how does it work?
- What are wind turbines made of?
- How big is a wind turbine?
- How much electricity can one wind turbine generate?
- How many turbines does it take to make one megawatt?
- How many homes can one megawatt of wind serve?
- What is a wind power plant?
- What is “capacity factor?”
- If a wind turbine’s capacity factor is 33 percent, doesn’t that mean it is only running one-third of the time?
- What is “availability factor?”
Energy Office Home
Security, Privacy & Accessibility Policy
State of Nebraska Home