Letter of Intent Deadline: September 3, 2009...
Nebraska Energy Office Solicits Advanced Renewable Energy Project Ideas for $5 Million in Grant Funds
The Nebraska Energy Office is offering funding opportunities for Nebraskans to apply for up to $5 million in grants for Advanced Renewable Energy Projects under the State Energy Program’s plan for use of American Recovery and Reinvestment Act funds.
A Short Window of Time
The window of opportunity for this funding is short: Letters of Intent for funding must be submitted by September 3, 2009 at 5:00 pm Central time. Applications for Funding are due November 3, 2009 at 5:00 pm Central time. Specifics of the solicitation and forms are available at http://www.neo.ne.gov/grants/energygrants.htm .
• By March 30, 2012, the proposed project must be generating measurable amounts of energy.
• A cash match of at least 15 percent is required.
• Project must meet the renewable energy criteria guidelines which include energy from wind, solar, renewable biomass, geothermal or hydroelectric sources or hydrogen derived from renewable biomass or water using wind,solar, geothermal or hydroelectric energy sources.
• Grant awards range from $5,000 to $5,000,000.
• One-page Letter of Intent is due September 3, 2009.
• Complete application package is due November 3, 2009.
• Criteria used in the review process, not in priority order: 1) amount of renewable energy generation produced by the project; 2) use of renewable energy technologies in new ways; 3) cutting edge renewable energy technologies used in the project, 4) ability to generate energy from renewable resources on or before March 30, 2012, 5) amount of greenhouse gas emissions avoided, 6) funds leveraged and 7) number of jobs created or retained.
Questions regarding the content of the announcement must be submitted at AdvRenewGrants@nebraska.gov. Questions may also be submitted in writing to: Nebraska Energy Office, P.O. Box 95085, Lincoln, NE 68509.
The Advance Renewable Energy Project grant solicitation is one part of the State Energy Plan submitted by Nebraska for use of $30,910,000 over three years under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. The U.S. Department of Energy approved the state’s plan on July 10, 2009.
Online Access to Information on Funding Opportunities for Energy Projects
The Nebraska Energy Office maintains a continuously updated listing of funding opportunities – both state and national – under the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act of 2009 at http://www.neo.ne.gov/ARRA/recoveryact.htm . A RSS feed is also available at the site to provide notification when updates are posted.